Sunday, January 28, 2007

Rainbow, CA (in the snow)

Well, I had a free day yesterday and decided that Taz needed to see some snow. I had been watching the weather and decided that the snow level was low enough to go climb at Rainbow!

I had a great trip, but when I got there, it started to remind me of a experience I had in Rock Creek. I need to buy some snow-shoes :)

First when I got there, I pulled into the usual 'parking' area, only to find out it was completley iced over and my car got stuck in the snow. (2wd yota pickup with hard street tyres). I was fortunatley smart enough to use some towels to gain enough momentum to get out of my prediciment.

After wasting a whole crapload of energy getting my car out, I decided to head over to the Jawbone area. I warmed up on the short slope and bulge next to the jawbone boulder. I wanted to get on Ishmael, but there was ice up at the top, so I figured it could wait.

I started to get on the 'evil arete' but got shutdown because (lame excuse to come...) my shoes were wet ;). I walked over to the other arete of this boulder and found a cool technical crimping problem with GREAT feet that I aptly named 'Righteous Arete' (v5). Lynn and Paul put up 'evil arete' because it was evil and had no feet, so I named this 'Righteous arete' because god gave it good feet :)

The rest of the day I spent hiking around with the dogs and trying this crimper dyno thing that was pretty fun and I almost got.

All in All, a great trip and fun day :)

(update)
Forgot to mention, that it looked like someone had done a sit-start to Ishmael

No comments: