Sunday, February 04, 2007

Yosemite Bouldering

(Root Canal ***v7)




Made a trip up to the valley on Friday with Scott, Monica and A-Dog :) had a sweet time !

First headed over to the Awahnee boulders, I got on a cool v2 named 'vague crack' and did this awesome unnamed traverse that went at like v3/v4 (the start to the Myles traverse). Monica got the traverse as well, it was really fun !!

We then headed over to Curry Village. I wanted to get on Root Canal(v7***), a sweet leaning corner/dihedral that has some cool moves, but maybe a little soft for the grade (the crux was pulling off the ground for me). We then wandered around and I put up this cool (v4?) overhanging arete that was also a lot of fun. I named it 'Tree Climbing' because you need to downclimb the tree to get off the boulder ;)

We then headed out of the valley and stopped by this awesome v6*** (Pop Top) near yos falls that had AWESOME moves on it, but no one got the problem. Our excuse... we were too tired ;)

A very very fun trip, hopefully I'll get some pic's to put up soon!

No comments: