Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Jungle Gym

Well, I headed up to the valley on friday untill saturday with the dogs.

But my trip got cut short and I headed back home friday night.

I went to explore this new area that I had seen last year and wondered if there was potential. I got there and looked around and found a cool arete that I wanted to do. I setup my stuff and then wandered around with the dogs to see what else lie around. There is much potential for problems, but not much steep stuff I saw as of yet, maybe some stuff up the hill a little bit.

I figured I would call this little area 'The Jungle Gym' because it is decently wooded, damp and there is a lot of lichen/moss around.. a little jungle in the yosemite valley.

Soo, onto what cut (literally) my trip short. I was walking back to my spot, when I slipped on something and put my hand down to catch myself.. on a razor sharp edge of a rock ! It cut my palm pretty deep and took a little while to stop the bleeding, but I figured I should just head back home and take care of my wound. I wasn't feeling too well to start the trip out, Laura has just broken up with me, so that is really hard. We had been together for almost two years now, and I hope that she will reconsider our breakup after she has had some time to herself that she so badly needs.

No comments: