Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hetch Hechey

Well, I headed to Hetch Hechey to locate some bouldering around there.

We rode bikes in from Camp Mather, so I was pretty tired and didn't get to do a whole huge amount of exploring, but I did find a few sweet projects along the road down there.

But I did find a decent moderate rock witch I aptly named after my friend who invited me to the Strawberry music festival, 'buck rock'.

Put up a few lines on it, Buck's Way (vb/v0), a slabby/edge route that went at like v2, another decent slab route at like v3(slobadon), and then two steeper problems probably at like v3(bluegrass country) as well.. a decent rock worth visiting and warming up on if your in the area.

To get there, take the trail out (maybe 1.5-2mi) till it starts to go up a hill then hits a little plateau, keep walking and you will pass this obvious boulder.


GPS : W119 47'4.15" N37 57'28.15"

No comments: